Hoya Ahoy Sparklineers!
So what’s new this time? ah not much… after all travelling thousands of light-years in a mere fraction of the sun’s activity cycle isn’t that much of a feat ^^
Yup you heard the man, we’ve got hypersace and hypermap and of course hyperscan (we currently miss the hyperboobs but it’s on the way).
So how’s it working?
( you are currently being shot at in space…. boring nah?)
Hit the “m” key for the space map!
(that tiny blue circle is the current star system… but where are the others?)
Hit “s” to launch a stellar scan (scan distance depends on the ship and equipment).
You then have to wait for the scan to complete…
You now have access to two new systems, you can create a jump chain by selecting multiple systems. Then you have to (StarWars style) compute the hyperpaths before jumping. You can access this panel and compute paths while landed ( the computation time is reduced to zero), thus preventing being chased in space by overwhelming forces with an incomplete calculation running.
When you have multiple paths computing you can jump as soon as the first one finished!
DISTORTION LEVEL 7! ONWARD TO THE INFINITE!
Press “j” to engage the HyperDrive through the first HyperPath!
You’re now into another system, and the second path is still being computed.
So what am I aiming to do with that Hyperspace system?
– having freedom: you can hyper to any system as long as it is scanned (or revealed by a map) and that you have enough hyper fuel (and the hyperballs to face the unknown) to reach it.
– being able to get great situations: OH SHIT! you just jumped in a trap and have to get a path out, stay alive for 5 seconds before you can hyper!
– hyperspace interdictor ships and paths post-calculation: you’ll be able to know (within boundaries) where a ship just jumped and follow it, thus enabling traps and cool stuff just like in Star Wars.
– immersion: OH SHIT! no more hyperfuel/hyperdrive/hyperboobs/Coke Lite! we have to land on the nearest planet!… but it’s full of nasties >_< ( must have reminded you of something?).
So what’s next?
– tradable objects system: to get a market and shipyard.
– some marketing: to start a crowdfunding campaign on IndieGogo.
– some commercial data mining; to get figures on how/where/when/to who sell our game and how much may be interested.
See you next time 😉